To those people who live a health conscious lifestyle, I believe you know eating cooked greens is not enough for you. Since most greens cannot be consumed in their raw foam, extracting every bit of juice from them is the smartest move as you get to benefit from the essential nutrients, enzymes and vitamins.
Now, unlike hard produce such as carrots and apples, leafy greens are really skinny and very difficult to juice. Therefore, to extract a high juice yield without compromising with the nutritional content, you’ll need a slow cold press juicer.
So, without wasting any time, let’s head straight to this leafy greens chapter to see which juicer is actually worth your investment.
Which juicer is best for leafy greens?
Leafy greens are rich in nutrients and vitamins but they lack the juice and flesh as oranges, apples and cucumbers do. This therefore means that you’ll need a patient and efficient juicer that will extract up to the last drop to give you a high yield from such produce. In the market today, the two major types of juicers available are masticating and centrifugal. While both of these juicers are hailed for their perfect performance, which one is really the best for juicing leafy greens?
Also known as cold press juicers, these juicers use a single auger or twin augers to crush and squeeze leafy greens to extract every drop of juice. Since they’re generally slower, these juicers preserve the nutritious benefits of the juice as they don’t compromise with the enzymes, minerals and nutrients found in the leafy greens.
Unlike masticating juicers, centrifugal juicers use speeding blades to chop through produce to extract juice. Since the process is so fast, the quality of juice produced is slightly lower. Also, the juice yielded is low as the machine is not efficient enough to squeeze the greens and produce high yield. These juicers may work well for commercial use, but for health-conscious folks—they don’t stand a chance.
So, if you’re a health conscious individual looking for a perfect juicer that will extract nutrient-rich leafy greens juice with enthusiasm, then here’s an option you might like to check out.
Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
Green juice offers the perfect way of adding supplements of minerals, nutrients and enzymes on your body on a daily basis. While there are so many juicers you can count on, one model that has really stood out from the rest is none other than the Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer.
Build with a horizontal design, this juicer has proved to be efficient thanks to its slow operating speed of just 80 RPM. Using its single auger, this juicer is able to crush and squeeze leafy greens to extract highly nutritious juice with less oxidation. With a noise rating of just 60 decibels, this juicer is relatively quiet and perfect for home use.
The machine comes with an auto pulp ejection system and a reverse feature that makes it easier to operate. The Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer also comes with a large feeding tray and rubberized feet making it one of the safest juicers for greens to buy in 2019.
- High juice yield: one major advantage of the Aicok is the use of a powerful auger. With such an auger, crushing and squeezing leafy greens is made much easier leading to high yields. In addition to that, the quality of juice produced has a high nutritional value and longer shelf life as there’s less oxidation during the extracting process.
- Auto pulp ejection: to compensate for the slow extracting speed, Aicok has introduced the auto pulp ejection function to ensure that no time is lost during the extraction process.
- Less noisy: now, most juicers produce disgusting sounds when juicing waking up the entire neighborhood. The Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer has solved this issue by operating with a maximum sound level of 60 db.
- With a noise level of just 60 db, this juicer is very silent when operating.
- This juicer is multi-purpose and capable of handling wide juicing projects.
- It’s slow operating speed increases juice yield and reduces oxidation.
- It’s easy to assemble and disassemble.
- This juicer is very easy to operate.
- Just like most masticating juicers, this one too is very slow.
- The feeding tube is narrow so you’ll need to precut pieces of fruits.
In this age where most juices are full of flavorings and artificial sugars, blending your own juice is highly paramount as it’s the only way to guarantee maximum nutrition. For those looking forward to live a healthy lifestyle, juicing is one route that can get you there. While not all juicers are capable of handling this delicate assignment, the Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer is one of the best juicers that will never disappoint you when it comes to juicing leafy greens.
When it comes to greens, there are so many popular options you can choose from. Greens such as cabbages, wheatgrass, spinach, broccoli, Swiss chard, bok choy, beet greens, mustard greens, kales and collards are among the popular options that offer immense nutritional value to our bodies.
Now, since these greens are too skinny, extracting juice can be a major hassle to most juicers. So, to make your juicing escapade more efficient, a masticating juicer such as the Aicok Juicer Slow Masticating Juicer is required to ensure that every milliliter of green juice is extracted without ruining the phytonutrients, enzymes and mineral concentration.