- 1 What is the Best Manual Pole Saw to Buy
- 2 10 Best Manual Pole Saw Reviews
- 2.1 DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
- 2.2 Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
- 2.3 Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper
- 2.5 Silky Longboy Professional Series Telescoping Pole Saw
- 2.6 Silky HAYAUCHI 2-Ext. Polesaw 4.9m (16′)
- 2.7 GLORYA Manual Pole Saw – High Reach Pole Pruner
- 2.9 Mesoga 6-10 Foot Tree Pruner
- 2.10 SANDEGOO Pole Saw，8 FT Pole saws Blade for Tree Trimming
- 2.11 HOSKO 7.5FT Pole Saw for Tree Trimming
- 2.12 Horse Secret HandTelescopic Pole Pruning Saw 7.5 FT
- 3 Why Choose a Manual Pole Saw?
- 4 Things to Consider When Buying a Manual Pole Saw
- 5 How to Use a Manual Pole Saw?
- 6 How to Take Care Of Your Manual Pole Saw?
- 7 Conclusion
What is the Best Manual Pole Saw to Buy
Beautiful yards don’t come by themselves, they require some knowledge of landscaping.
Your neighbor’s yard that looks like something out of the Garden & Life magazine must have involved some work.
The thing is, you don’t need to be an expert landscaper before your backyard looks great.
With the right tools and a little commitment, you too can have a stunning garden you can be proud of.
One of the tools that can make this easier on you is a manual pole saw.
A manual pole saw allows you to perfect the trees and even shrubs. It means cutting down branches from high above.
It is what you need to cut down those high up branches as it offers sturdy support with precise cutting without having to climb up. It is nothing but a saw fixed at the end of the pole.
A tree saw can be powered through another source like gas/electricity. Or, in this case, a pruning saw at the end of a pole which is the reason it’s called a manual pole saw.
Irrespective of how it works, It is mainly used for pruning large shrubs and trees without the use of a ladder. It makes the pruning job much easier and faster by eliminating the time for climbing up and down a ladder.
If you search online, you will find a variety of brands. But you need to understand certain requirements before choosing a good one.
Here in this article, we review the top 10 manual pole saw to help you choose the perfect tool for your landscaping needs.
10 Best Manual Pole Saw Reviews
DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
DocaPole 6-24 Foot Pole Pruning Saw
This is a two-in-one tool that can be used as a pole saw when extended and as a handheld tool in case of grooming the lower branches and shrubs.
The length of the pole saw, at 24 feet, ensures that you reach amazing heights. The easy-to-collapse feature allows for easy storage as well. It is found to be an optimal tool for multiple purposes, for both amateurs, DIY-ers and professional landscaping experts.
- A two in one saw for all your gardening needs.
- Sturdy handle with a comfortable grip.
- Lightweight premium aluminum construction.
- ACME threaded metal tip.
Hooyman Extendable Tree Saw
The tree saws from Hooyman are the outcome of research done extensively in the field, and hence they offer you unparalleled features.
With a rock-solid extension and a super sharp blade, this makes it easy for the user to handle any branch size. The angle of the blade ensures that the cutting is not a struggle.
The reach is quite outstanding, and the product has pretty good durability as well making it a good buy for any landscaping need.
- Ergonomically designed with lock back blade.
- Durable and amazing cutting performance.
- Positive extension system on locking.
- Carbon steel for the blade.
Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series Landscaper
With a set of three separate poles, each measuring 6 feet, this landscape pole saw offers you a total reach of 18 feet when you attach the poles.
The ferrule mechanism on the extension ensures that the parts are held in place when you fit them. The hollow fiberglass make ensures that you have a durable component which is also lighter in weight. The blade is tough enough to cut logs of diameter 32 inches along with branches.
- Branch hook to bring down branches.
- Tri-cut saw for efficient cutting
- Tougher blade and durable product.
- Can reach up to 18ft.
Silky Longboy Professional Series Telescoping Pole Saw
With a maximum reach of 17 feet, this is a professional and one of the most expensive of the models in the market.
If you have quite a few trees to take care of or you are looking at overhead landscaping at your place or if you are a professional whose main job is gardening, then you would find this to be quite impressive and useful. It is quite lighter and has an amazing cut despite the length of the pole.
- Oval snugly fit poles
- Rigid aluminum construction.
- Two locking mechanisms for support
- Lighter in weight.
- Hooks on saw blade for better grip.
- 360mm Large Teeth
Silky HAYAUCHI 2-Ext. Polesaw 4.9m (16′)
If you don’t mind paying extra for a premium pole saw, then the Hayauchi is just for you. With a maximum reach at 16 feet, it may not be the tallest, but it makes up for it with other features.
The Japanese-steel blade, with its included custom scabbard, is considered as one of the best in the market.
The entire body is constructed in an aluminum alloy which offers amazing durability. It is easy to use and is quite convenient too which makes it a good choice for both heavy and light backyard works.
- Advanced locking system for pole length.
- Non-stick blade to cut through the sap.
- Japanese steel for the blade.
- Perfect for a wide variety of gardening applications
- Custom scabbard provided.
GLORYA Manual Pole Saw – High Reach Pole Pruner
A three-sided high-quality blade attachment that will take care of all your trimming and branch pruning needs at a price that is well within your budget is what GLORYA offers.
One important feature of this pole saw is that it allows the user to do different jobs from the same spot. It consists of seven sections of poles that you can adjust depending on the distance of the job to where you are standing in the yard.
This is of extreme help where mobility is an issue. The stainless steel material ensures that the the pole last for a longer period.
- Blade head can be used independently
- Stainless Steel pole
- 3-sided sharpened edge and a 2-sided barb design for the blade.
- Suitable for all kinds of garden tasks
Mesoga 6-10 Foot Tree Pruner
While not very tall, the Mesoga Tree Pruner is the answer to your pruning needs when you are on a tight budget. Even with a reach of up to 10 feet, this comes with some incredible features which might be more than enough for most garden tasks. From one of the best blades ever on a pole saw, the Mesoga Tree Pruner is meant for a lifetime trimming of branches with ease to glide between branches.
- Multi-functional tool – trimmer, pruner, fruit picker, etc.
- precision-ground high carbon steel blades.
- Sturdy but lightweight oval aluminum alloy pole
- Razor-sharp 12 inches stainless steel blade.
- A good locking system with a plug-in hole
- Easy to maintain.
SANDEGOO Pole Saw，8 FT Pole saws Blade for Tree Trimming
A simple pruner that is as straight as a pole pruner can get, this pole pruner can help with a wide range of garden applications. The three-sided sharp edge blade will do for any pruning job. What makes the pole saw one of the best choices for a beginner is that it doesn’t require you to have any experience handling such tools. With a maximum reach of 8 feet, it comes with an adjustable length pole.
- Durable and easy to use.
- Lighter in weight
- Apt for beginners
- Versatile angle for the neck.
HOSKO 7.5FT Pole Saw for Tree Trimming
A double-usage backyard tool that can extend up to 7.5 feet, this stainless steel pole saw comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The pole saw is fine-tuned for cutting through trees and pruning leaves and branches. With a single-sided barb design, trimming trees becomes more efficient than ever. The blade also has a three-sided sharpened edge to ensure cuts are as clean as possible.
- Weighs only 3.8 pounds.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Can be used for hours.
Horse Secret HandTelescopic Pole Pruning Saw 7.5 FT
Affordability is one feature we always look out for in our reviews. And we bring to you yet another pole saw that is worth every penny you’ll be paying for it. It reaches up to a height of 7.5 feet, and the features are something that is over the board for the job it is meant to be.
With a factory-fitted blade, this pole saw is apt for pruning branches and tall shrubs and is dependable for life long.
- Precision-ground manganese blade for smooth cut.
- Telescopic Aluminum alloy pole
- One thumb release lock mechanism
- Removable saw head for close-by cutting and trimming.
Why Choose a Manual Pole Saw?
- Lighter in weight, the manual pole saws can be used with ease, and you don’t have to worry about hurting your back when you are pruning the branches high above.
- You can find them in different lengths, longer than the powered options. You can get them in length as long as 21feet.
- There are no wires or cable lines you might get tangled with, and you don’t have to struggle to start up the engine either.
- When you are working with a manual pole saw, you can work peacefully and satisfied as you shape up the garden the way you want.
Things to Consider When Buying a Manual Pole Saw
Like every purchase you would make, you need to make sure that you get the right product that gives you the best value out of your investment.
You should first decide on the type of pole saw that you want to buy. Then look out for the following factors as well:
- Pole length: We decide to buy a manual pole saw so that we could reach to the heights without using a ladder. This is why you need to carefully consider the length of the pole saw you want to buy. You have to consider the height of the person using it and also remember that more the height, the tougher it will be to balance.
- Quality: Do not ever compromise on the quality of the pole saw that you want to buy. You can check the reviews of the users and past consumers to understand whether you want to buy is worth the money.
- Product flexibility: It is also to be considered if the pole saw can be used in more ways than one. You should go for one where the saw blade can be removed when not required and re-attached when there are larger branches to take down.
- Period: Longevity is another factor that you cannot overlook. It is important to see how long the pole saw sustain its performance as you cannot keep buying a new one every time.
How to Use a Manual Pole Saw?
When you are using a pole saw to prune those branches high above, you are treading into dangerous territory, and if you don’t follow the safety instructions, you might get hurt easily.
Do remember to keep yourself and others safe while using a manual pole saw.
- First, clear up the area around the tree to ensure that there is no danger to anyone.
- You have to plan on where to cut. Keep in mind that the removal of a single branch will require several jump cuts to be done correctly.
- Position the saw so that it rests properly on the branch that needs to be cut.
- Never stand below the branch that you want to cut and if you have an adjustable length use that feature to create as much distance possible from you to the branch.
- Remember to clear the area after cutting down a branch to make sure you don’t trip over it.
How to Take Care Of Your Manual Pole Saw?
- Ensure that all the screws and nuts and bolts are tightened.
- Check for any damages and replace if required.
- Clean using a wet cloth after use and store safely.
As you can see, there are plenty manual pole saws available in the market from various brands, and each offers a variety of features catering to different requirements.
While every pole saw has its benefit, we would suggest that you go for the unit that is much suited for your requirements.
If the pole saw is needed for cutting branches high above, then you should look for ones that have the maximum length and sturdy build. If not you can go for the shorter length pole saws to get the job done.
Choosing the right equipment is almost equivalent to getting the job half done.