Who we are
Our website address is: https://websites.terlikowskiart.com/homengarden.
This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR, DPA & PECR are adhere to.
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
- What information do we gather at homen.garden?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
(1) Your IP address through the placement of cookies
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address
- How we use your information
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies.
(2) Identify your interests. We might then put your information in aggregated form into groupings (known as “segments”) by a particular audience, which means we can serve you advertisements and offers that will interest you within the website, including by reference to data we receive from third parties. Please see Sections 6 and 7 for more information about cookies and how we serve you more targeted messaging;
(3) Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
(4) Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions (which may in some cases be provided by third parties), including by email, mail, telephone, or SMS text message. We will always act having regard to your preferences.
(5) We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
(5) Make sure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(6) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(7) Assess and understand our readers’ feedback and identify usage hotspots;
2.2 If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
- How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
-indirectly (e.g. using website technology ); and
-directly (e.g. you provide your information when you interact with us).
-in the past we may have obtained certain additional details through a telephone number appending service where we have had contact details for you but do did not have your phone number or need to update your phone number. We will not use phone numbers that are gathered this way where those numbers are registered with the Telephone Preference Service. We no longer append data in this way.
(8) We may also overlay additional demographic and lifestyle data from CACI (www.caci.co.uk) to help us understand what else you might be interested in for direct marketing and insight purposes. These segmentations are built using a variety of sources, including publicly available data (such as the electoral register and the UK Census) or derived from surveys and questionnaires. You can opt out of having your personal information profiled in this way by contacting us.
- How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
We may contact you by email.
We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using opt-in boxes or unsubscribe options.
If there are no tick boxes, it’s because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. You will have to provide proof of identification.
We, at homen.garden, use the following types of cookie:
Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our readers use the website.
Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on our site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once. They might also allow the advertiser to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
We have no access to third party cookies and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
- Managing your cookies preferences
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Alternatively, visit www.youronlinechoices.com or click on the AdChoices logo that you will see in the corner of advertisements that carry behavioural targeting cookies.
- Disclosing your information
We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
- If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy was last updated on 5.05.2018.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003